Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Reader's Review

I have been very slack of late in updating my blog.  Life got in the way. We are in the midst of renovating our laundry and I have been madly editing a novel called 'Male Order,' about a girl who accidentally becomes a pimp to a male prostitute. 

Meanwhile, Happy Birthday, Nancy Tobin, has been getting some rave reviews from readers on Goodreads including this one posted by Mrs. Missive.

Let me start of by saying that this book shocked the heck outta me. Aside from the A-hole hubby and the overwhelming desire to off herself, I had a scary similar life situation to Nancy(our newly 40 heroine).

Nancy has a job she hates, a life she doesn't know how to change and the sudden interest of a hot college stud named Jake.

Jake decides he just wants to make Nancy smile. Well what better way to make a woman smile than boinking her brains out? Hell, sounds like the right idea to me.

Now I know you are thinking, "Hold up! She's married!" But trust me a few pages of her husband and you'd boink the hottie too.

I felt a real connection with the characters in this book, and I could not put it down until I found out if Nancy got the HEA she deserved. And I have to say the ending sentence is the absolute best I have ever read. I've never quoted the end of a book, because I'm not a spoiler sally, but this ending is beyond quotable.

The only problem I had in this book for awhile were Nancy's waffling on her belief that Jake could want her. This breaks my cardinal rule of, "if you are boinking a hottie, you aren't aloud to have body issues". However Nancy's growth as a character, and the inner strength that is brought out in her completely redeemed her for me.

This was a true spicy romance novel. Loved it. So glad I won the copy, highly recommend to erotica and romance readers alike. 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment